- Push-to-close operation for easy use
- Simple integration with any control system
- Hidden access for increased security and enhanced industrial design
- Compact, lightweight design for limited space applications
- Efficient gear motor driven mechanism
- Easy to install and simple to integrate with existing control systems
- Available in two orientations to suit unique application requirements
- Compact, low-power electronic actuator for limited-space applications
- Economical option for achieving electronic actuation
- Allows electronic actuation of R4-05 Rotary Latch and other mechanical latches
- Facilitates upgrade from mechanical to electronic access control
- Convenient, compact, lightweight design
- Quick installation and ease of use
- Efficient gear motor operation
SELF-CONTAINED electronic access solutions now available from Southco!If your customer is asking you for options that include electronic latches, we can help! Southco’s self-contained electronic access solutions are easy to install and just as easy to set up. Shown here are two options that are entirely self-contained, that require no special wiring or programming.
Electronic latches built for life in the real worldThese latches were designed for ease of installation and long battery life. Rated for 50,000 cycles with only 3 AA batteries, you sure don’t have to worry too much about power requirements. In fact, ALL of Southco’s electronic latches are designed to be extremely energy efficient. But even if the batteries do run out, you can always actuate the latch with the Manager Key that supplies its own power. While “electronic locks” are becoming more popular every day for end users, self-contained electronic access is important for manufacturers. When you consider the cost of adding wiring, programming and management of electronic latches, this kind of simplicity adds a lot of value to your product. If you want to learn more about the Self-Contained electronic latches we carry, you can click on the link to the Southco Products above or visit Southco’s website for more specific product details.
Your electronic solution is waiting!If you’re interested in learning more about these self-contained electronic access solutions, please let us know! Just call us, use our Contact Form or hit CHAT WITH US at the bottom of this page and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. If you’re interested, and if it’s possible, we can also arrange an in-person demonstration.
Southco’s R4-EM Outdoor Electronic Rotary Latch provides reliable electronic access control in demanding environments. With its corrosion-resistant plated-steel or stainless steel outer body construction and fully-sealed internal actuator, the Outdoor R4-EM provides reliable electronic locking that is resistant to moisture and dust.
Electronic latching solutions open up a range of possibilities. Proximity keys, NFC and wifi connectivity allow easy access for authorized users, but great security at the same time.
Want to learn more? Click on the link for the R4-Em or use our Contact Form to reach us. We’re here to help!